Stunning Brick & Timber Luxury Loft
This historic brick and timber loft has been meticulously renovated to include a spacious chef’s kitchen, two large bedrooms, two full bathrooms, one half bathroom and dedicated space for an enclosed home office. Centrally located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district with close proximity to the Westfield Shopping Center, SF MoMA, Yerba Buena Gardens, The Intercontinental Hotel, Union Square, Bloomingdale’s, Whole Foods and many local attractions.
- Single level, full-floor brick & timber historic conversion loft with windows on all sides
- Custom designed 3Form panels & reclaimed Douglas Fir doors
- Secure (keyed-entry) elevator opens directly into this loft home
- Two large bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Master bathroom features travertine, glass tile and slate finishes, 7 foot-long “airbath”, double shower; double vanity with Italian fixtures & pedestal sinks
- Two walk-in closets with cedar-lined custom closet packages (one with dressing table and exterior window)
- Large storage closet in guest bedroom
- Laundry room with new washer/dryer and custom shelving
- Wide plank historic softwood floors
- Floating wooden bench just inside entry foyer
- Chef’s kitchen with high-end appliances, custom 6-burner Blue Star range with 22,000 BTU burners, salamander and flat-top griddle, double oven, warming drawer, commercial grade custom hood with lighting; 2 refrigerator drawers on island, back-lit and under-mount task lighting; honed slate and solid slab granite counters, large breakfast bar; open shelving from reclaimed Douglas Fir, twin-tub sinks with additional task sink; 2 garbage disposals; slide-out stainless shelving under-island
- Built-in pantry closet with Hafale shelving system
- Pendant and recessed lighting throughout with directional wall-washer art fixtures and retro glass pendants
- Designer chandelier in dining room area
- Custom window coverings
- 800-bottle temperature controlled Redwood wine room
- Secure garage with two side-by-side parking spaces
- Forced air heating and air conditioning
- Tankless water heater
- Deeded private roof deck with outdoor kitchen (36’ BBQ, refrigerator, sink, hood, cabinets and travertine counters) and free-standing fireplace. Custom wood & steel staircases leads to the private roof deck
South of Market, San Francisco
The South of Market (SOMA) district of San Francisco offers a rich and complex collection of people and experiences. While it may be known primarily for its warehouses, nightclubs and art spaces, it also offers some of the best hotels, restaurants, cultural attractions, as well as stylish and modern real estate like lofts and condominiums. There are many changes happening here, and the excitement is palpable. New stores, buildings and restaurants are being built every day. For example, the next large redevelopment project in SOMA is the Transbay Terminal. See an animated fly-through of the center here.
Near Moscone Center you’ll find the picturesque Yerba Buena Gardens, cultural institutions like the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (or SF MoMa), the Museum of the African Diaspora, the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, and for pop culture, you’ll find the Cartoon Art Museum and the Metreon. For the kids, see Zeum and the Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center.
South of Market has become home to some of the most prominent restaurants in Northern California, including Bacar, the W Hotel’s XYZ, Ame (within the new St. Regis), Fifth Floor, Orson, Marlowe, LuLu, Heaven's Dog (inside the SOMA Grand), COCO500and Zuppa (for wild times check out the Supper Club and AsiaSF). Notable bars include Wish Bar & Lounge, Anu and Bar Basic, while some of the most famous SOMA clubs include Mist, Mezzanine, popscene (formerly 330 Ritch), 111 Minna, Club Six, Mercury Lounge, Mighty, Butter, Hotel Utah Saloon, The Cat Club, Slim’s, 1015 Folsom, The Stud, the legendary End Up and the ever-present DNA Lounge.
As the center of urban living in San Francisco, SOMA offers easy access via CalTrain, Muni and BART. You’ll find grocery shopping a step away at Whole Foods, Safeway and Trader Joe’s. And there is a wide range of great shopping, from the new San Francisco Centre, to high-end furniture stores like Limn and Linge Roset.
See entertaining movies about South of Market here and here.